MAKING SPOON RINGS
THE COMPLETE GUIDE TO MAKING HEIRLOOM TREASURES
Over the years I've had the opportunity to handcraft thousands of spoon rings. And for a long time, I've wanted to share my process to anyone curious about how they are made or who'd like to learn how to create their very own. In my book I am presenting all of the steps I've learned along the way, from start to finish!
What You'll Learn
This book will be written for anyone who wants to explore the art of spoon ring making. It will provide a better appreciation for what goes in to handcrafting a comfortable ring from a silver spoon made to last for centuries!
- Equipment Checklist. Rundown of each tool used during the process.
- Spoon Selection. Discussing common metal types used for spoon rings and tips on where I've had luck finding unqiue spoons in the past.
- Initial Cleaning. Preparing the handle before it becomes a ring.
- Bowl Removal. Removing the bowl of the spoon from the handle.
- Handle Preparation. Griding and shaping the handle to form a comfortable ring.
- Bending & Sizing. The complete process of forming the spoon handle into a ring. Also, methods for accurately sizing the ring bigger or smaller.
Final Inspection & The History of Spoon Rings
- Cleaning & Polishing. Steps taken to clean each finished ring and final inspection before product photography for the shop.
- Spoon Ring History. Where did spoon rings come from? Is there evidence to how far they date back and why?